Dow Vietnam continues to donate essential medical supplies to frontline medical forces
- Continue to support the front line doctors and nurses to prevent, fight against the pandemic as well as to treat Covid-19 patients.
- Joining hands with the country to safely adapt to Covid-19.
Mr. Ekkasit Lakkananithiphan, President of Dow Vietnam said, “Dow has been to Vietnam since 1995 and is an active caring member of the Vietnamese community for sustainable development. Since the 4th wave of pandemic hit, Vietnam has made great efforts to prevent and combat the outbreak and is gradually transitioning to safely adapt to Covid-19. We hope this Covid-19 relief donation will allow the frontline medical forces to protect patients, staffs and safely adapt to Covid-19.”
Dr. Tran Quoc Viet, Colonel, PhD. - Deputy Director of Military Hospital 175 shared in a letter to the leaders of Dow Vietnam and REI Vietnam: “The Hospital's Party Committee and Board of Directors would like to thank Dow Vietnam and REI Organization in Vietnam for sponsoring: 01 HFNC ventilator, Model AIRVO 2 (valued VND 102,015,000, equivalent to USD 4,500). This is a meaningful donation to help Covid-19 patients who are being treated at the hospital overcome the illness and return to their families and the community soon.”
Dr. Ho Thanh Phong, Director of Nhon Trach District Medical Center also shared: “Cadres and staff of Nhon Trach Medical Center would like to express our sincere thanks to Dow Vietnam and REI Vietnam for the valuable and essential contribution that you have donated to the Center. Our staffs, therefore, are safe with these medical masks. This is a very meaningful encouragement to support the doctors and nurses of Nhon Trach Medical Center in the fight against the Covid-19 epidemic.”
Ms. Tran Phuong Lien, the Head of Project office of Resources Exchange International (REI) in Vietnam said, “REI Vietnam would like to thank PACCOM leaders for their connection and support so that REI can continue to accompany and implement Dow Vietnam's meaningful medical donation program for Military Hospital 175, and Nhon Trach Medical Center in this 4th time of fighting against the pandemic. We also extend our thanks to Military Hospital 175 and Nhon Trach Medical Center, for supporting and creating favorable conditions to receive donated goods and quickly distributed N95 medical masks to health workers as well as the ventilator for Covid-19 patients. With the contribution and joint hands of all industries, professions, companies, organizations, domestic and international friends, the Vietnamese community from both inside and overseas; especially with the hardships enduring plus the sacrifices of Vietnamese white coat soldiers, who have been and are helping patients to win the epidemic, we hope this epidemic will soon be repelled, and bring life back to normal.”
In Vietnam, Dow has implemented a diversity of programs in 2021 in order to maximize community, environmental and economic values for better people’s lives. In particular, these initiatives include the following:
- The project "National cooperation to establish a circular economy model of plastic waste in Vietnam" sponsored by Dow Vietnam, to support the implementation Environmental Protection Law 2020 on Circular Economy and Plan 10 of the People's Committee of Hoan Kiem District issued on January 7, 2020 on the implementation of the program "Management, classification of waste, prevention of plastic waste and plastic bags in Hoan Kiem district from 2020 to 2025”, promoting a circular economy in waste management, focusing on low-value plastic waste in Vietnam.
- Beach clean-up: Partnering with the local government, universities, customers and other partners, Dow Vietnam led #PullingOurWeight program in Thu Duc city with more than 150 participants. The project has motivated the participants, their families, and friends as well as the community to raise awareness of environmental protection, actively collect and classify garbage and reduce the amount of plastics waste released into the environment.
- Dow Vietnam STEM Education Program: The project inspired students with Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Thousands of students from 06 top technology universities in Vietnam utilized their technical skills and innovative ideas to design, build and develop prototypes to address the country current challenges such as welfare community improvement, food safety and sustainability.
- Building the Workforce of Tomorrow: The visit to the chemical plants was carried out to ignite the students' passion for science and chemistry as well as to build the future workforce for the Vietnamese chemical industry. Over the past 5 years, Dow has partnered with Chemical Society of Vietnam and Vietnam Responsible Care Council to create opportunities for more than 1500 students from top technology universities in Vietnam to visit advanced technology chemical factories and explore future career opportunities.
About Dow Vietnam
Dow (NYSE: DOW) a globally business company, asset and scale integration, focused innovation and creation, and leads business positions in the market to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with the aim of bringing a sustainable future to the world through our deep expertise in materials science and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing facilities in 31 countries with approximately 35,700 employees. Dow reached sales revenue of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
Dow has been presenting in Vietnam since 1995. The Company today gathers around 100 employees at 03 main locations: Ho Chi Minh city, Hanoi and 01 manufacturing site in Dong Nai province, serving customers in the consumer care, infrastructure, eco-friendly automotive technology and packaging industry, and packaging industries. Dow is a partner in Vietnam’s economic growth by adding more value to the country’s advanced manufacturing industries, providing more innovative and sustainable solutions to help Vietnam address the challenges and a caring member of the Vietnamese community. For more information, please visit vn.dow.com
For further information, please contact:
Nguyễn Hoài Sơn
Trần Phương Liên